The Asthma and COPD Improvement Webinar from NACAP, ICST and PCRS
Friday 21st April 2023
This event has already been.
About this event
Join us for a live event: The Asthma and COPD Improvement Webinar from NACAP, ICST and PCRS also featuring Asthma & Lung UK
An interactive, 90-minute event to support healthcare professional teams across the UK with key areas of asthma and COPD care, providing simple solutions for primary care teams to improve the findings of the NACAP audit.
The event will be hosted on Microsoft Teams and the event link will be sent out on the morning of the event. The event will be recorded, and a video made available on the ICST Website for those unable to attend the event live.
Please note: If you are intending to watch the event from a mobile device, you will need to ensure that you have the Microsoft Teams Mobile app installed on your device as Microsoft Teams Live events are not supported via mobile web browsers.
- Welcome to the event, and a wider update on respiratory care in the UK
- An overview of the NACAP primary care audit
- NACAP audits in more detail
- Diagnosis of Asthma
- Diagnosis of COPD
- Referral to PR
- Personalised Asthma Action Plan
- Inhaler technique checks
- Introducing the ICST Respiratory Toolkit and the outcomes so far in NHS Wales
- PCRS – a support network for Primary Care Respiratory Clinicians
- Asthma and COPD care from ALUK’s perspective
- Q&A Session
- Dr Katherine Hickman – PCRS Executive Chair and also the Primary Care Lead for NACAP, GP & Respiratory Lead for West Yorkshire
- Jon Foster – Health Policy Manager, Asthma + Lung UK
- Lara Amusan – Programme Manager – National Asthma and COPD Audit Programme
- Dr Claire Nolan – Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Brunel University London
- Dr Kevin Gruffydd-Jones – General Practitioner, Warminster Primary Care Centre, Wiltshire
- Tricia Bryant, PCRS Executive Director
- Professor Ian Sinha, Honorary Associate Professor in Child Health, Respiratory paediatrician, CYP lead for NACAP
- Laura Wallis, ICST, Innovation Manager